Saturday, January 17, 2015

To My Sister on Her Day

Dear Sister,


 Today is your day!  A day to celebrate you.  I hope it is a great day.  And, I hope your year is filled with wonderfulness.  On this, your day, I wish to share some thoughts of joy with you.

I know I haven’t always been good about telling you how much you mean to me, but that doesn’t reflect how I feel.  You are my hero, my mentor, my advisor and my inspiration.  You are one of the strongest people I have ever known.  I love how thoughtful you are, and how you go out of your way to show the people in your life how much you care about them.  You have taken on some difficult things in your life, but you have done so with grace and courage.  I know it doesn’t always feel that way, but believe me, you have.  And, I admirer you for that. 

You are a strong supporter of our family, and give so much of yourself to the people you love.  You are an amazing Aunt.  Our nephews are so fortunate to have you in their lives.  You know and understand the value of family, and I strive to follow your example.  Although we may have had our difference, I am grateful for the experience of growing up with you, and cherish the memories of our youth. 

Thank you for being such a wonderful sister, an inspiring mentor, and amazing person.

Love,


Your Sister and Friend

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words (where is that box of tissues when I need it.). I love you so very much and thank God every day that we are in each others lives. We are sisters by fate, but friends by choice. Keep up the writing. Love - Heather

    ReplyDelete