Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving Day was great, but the rest of the weekend was also a success. How about you? Did you enjoy your holiday weekend? Did you get to spend time with family and friends? Did you do all of the things you intended? Perhaps you ate lots of leftovers while watching sporting events?

Usually on long weekends I have big plans to clean the house and work on projects, etc. Then the weekend hits, I slack off, sit around drinking beer, watching TV, and the next thing I know the weekend is gone and I’ve failed to do any of the things I had planned. Not this time. I was determined to not let that happen.

Friday was house cleaning day. I got up, exercised, and spent some time on the computer. Then I spent the rest of the day cleaning. We also took down all of the fall and Thanksgiving decorations in anticipation of Christmas decorating on Saturday. Fortunately, we had plenty of leftovers so I didn’t have to worry about finding time to cook.

Saturday was Christmas decorating day. I also started the day with a workout, but then I spent some time relaxing, reading the Internet and writing my menu for the next week. Eventually we hauled the tubs of Christmas decorations out of the basement and set to work. We spent a good part of the day decorating while the Kansas v. K-State football game played in the background. I hoped that finally, just maybe, KU would pull off the upset and get one win this season. But alas, it was not to be.

While decorating we snacked on Maple-Butter Spiced Popcorn and Mexican Hot Chocolate. The perfect snack to get one into the holiday spirit. I like to think of the holidays as one long festive month, starting with Thanksgiving and ending with New Years.



Sunday is our Farmers Market and cooking day. We ran our errands in the morning and spent the afternoon cooking and working on projects while watching football. Another productive day to wrap up the weekend.


I was pretty nervous that I wouldn’t be able to stay the course and stick to my plan, but I pulled it off and did all the things I had set out to do. Additionally, I decided not to drink the entire weekend, which was hard, but I did it. A check in the win column for this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment