Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My Father

Today is my father’s birthday.  Sadly, he lives far away, and I rarely get to see him.  I miss him very much, and wish I could be there to spend the day with him.  However, life has taken me on a path far from my family.  

My family in 1979.  I'm the little baby.  

My father is one of the most important people in my life.  He is someone I look up to and respect.  Someone I go to for advice and praise.  He is a gentle and caring man.  He’s worked hard to take care of his family, and puts our needs first.  He has given so much to us, and has always made time to listen to his children.  One of my favorite things about my father is how he has always taken the time to learn about the things his children are interested in.  Even though I can’t be there today, he is very much on my mind, and I hope he knows how grateful I am to him for everything he has done for us over the years.  Happy Birthday, Dad!  Love you lots!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Rachel. I had a very happy day. Miss you! - Dad

    ReplyDelete